The New Jersey Young Democrats (NJYD) are looking for a Policy Director -- an administrative appointment to the organization. This is a volunteer position. The Policy Director will be responsible for the crafting and implementation of a comprehensive policy plan to advocate for the issues affecting young people across the State of New Jersey.
Candidates who wish to be considered should be college graduates with some experience working in either federal, state or local government. Experience working in or around the Statehouse is not required, but a plus.
- Oversee a Policy Committee dedicated to implementing and monitoring policy proposals crucial to Young Democrats across the state
- Develop and implement a strategic policy agenda for each established issue priority including achievable goals and performance measures
- Coordinate with the President and Social Media Director policy communications including but not limited to email alerts and press releases
- Help lead the development of working relationships with key public policy officials at the federal, state and local levels
- Serve as an ex-officio appointed member of the NJYD Executive Board
Interested candidates should send an email cover letter and resume to Marshall Spevak (NJYD President) at [email protected].